Wednesday, May 26, 2021

8

Oh, there are so many birds. Blink; Don’t blink! Surprise: Along the windowsill, slatted roof, and metal gate, the patterned concrete pillar, next door’s security camera situation, and the telephone pole I keep talking about. We’re outside, idling the car, just watching. How good it is to make a stop out of joy.

The vines in the living room curl back into themselves while pulling away. Every day a whole life happens in mumbled words and I hear fire on fire, the sky the sky the sky. Here at home, I keep preparing for what’s already happened.

I wonder, with the air conditioner installed, will they come sit above my desk, even closer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

73

Look, this made me think of you. Beneath a few oak trees, N and I watched a whole lifecycle, worms crawling along bark, moths midair, empty ...