Thursday, April 8, 2021

5.3

The hum of things, a dryer, the whole city moving and small flock of birds passing circles around a lotto sign, the billboard where they land after having danced its rounds. A generator or water pouring from who-knows-where, a gurgle below pale streaks of what cannot be taken away, a blue marked with invisible layers of telephone wires, even a blimp. 

It’s been a year since I started saying, hold on for, wait, a future is, wait, hold that lonely days will one day be the answer to someone else’s question, about what—

is unanswerable. When the nausea wears off and the fever breaks, something comes back into view. Some form, a body, music, maybe, and spins. It all spins. I feel it from my concrete balcony, behind my metal white pained fence, the eternal staircase from which I’ve imagined and imagined another me. A building happened. I still live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

73

Look, this made me think of you. Beneath a few oak trees, N and I watched a whole lifecycle, worms crawling along bark, moths midair, empty ...